Top questions to ask before hiring an architect
A professional will assist you with scope and estimates, but having a clear idea of what you want to accomplish will help communication.
Do you want professionals to do everything, or do you have the time and skill to do some of the work?
Many projects such as have a DIY component, such as painting or cleanup.
First and foremost, protect yourself and make sure the contractor and any sub-contractors are licensed, bonded and insured.
Everything You Need to Know About Joplin Architects
Does the architect I want to hire need to be licensed in Joplin?
Before you start any project, it is crucial to learn about the certifications and licenses that you or your Architect need to have. There are 2 architects in Joplin that are licensed.
Here are the types of license(s) Architects need to have to work on Architectural Design jobs in MO:
- Accreditations/License: Texas Board of Professional Engineers
How does invoicing/payment work for most Architect projects in Joplin?
Every project differs, but you should ask any architect for an estimate, before they do any work. In fact, ask for their general payment terms before any architectural design work is done.
If the job is large and going to take longer than a day, it's common practice for architects to request a down payment. Usually, this will be around 25% so they can commence work on your architect project.
If it's a quick job, you'll likely be given an invoice/bill when the job is complete. Then it's up to you and the architect to determine if you pay immediately or can send payment at a later date.
What should I check for once my Architect in Joplin has finished working?
Every architectural design project is going to have different results, but here are a few things to check for once any architectural design company has told you they've finished the job:
- Obviously you want to do a visual inspection. Even if you're unfamiliar with architectural design work, this gives you the opportunity to ask questions (even basic ones like, what did you do?).
- Ask the architect to describe what they did. Whether your architectural design project was a repair job or a building job, have them run you through what was done.
- Compare the description provided on your architectural design project estimate to the work completed. Did the professional do what was promised?
- Request that the architect do a follow-up visit to check on the work. Most professionals are willing to do this, especially if you ask them.