Top 10 HVAC Companies in Saugerties, NY
Top questions to ask before hiring an hvac company
What type of insurance do you have? Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) professionals work on a variety of mechanical areas of the home. You'll want to ask specific questions regarding professional training and licensing, as well as what types of insurance they have (for example, mold, air pollution or worker's compensation). It's fair to ask for the dollar amounts they are covered and a quality professional will show you verification of coverage.
HVAC professionals attend to a home's thermal needs as well as air quality. Because of the technical aspects of HVAC work, find out the scope of work your professional can perform. You may only need your heating unit serviced however, if this professional also specializes in energy efficiency, mold assessment, or offer ways for you to save on energy costs, you may want to hire them for future projects. Because some equipment is gas-powered, your professional should be able to answer questions about installing gas lines and permitting.
Ask about guarantees on labor or warranties on parts for your HVAC project. It's common to have a time limitation on parts and equipment. Save any paperwork related to your project so you can refer back to instruction manuals or serial numbers.
When working with a heating and cooling professional, ask if their company offers pricing incentives to encourage you to hire them on a regular basis. It's common to have your equipment inspected and serviced at least once a year. Your HVAC company may also offer special pricing on filters, ventilation cleaning or energy assessments.
Regardless of the scope of your project, find out what you need to do to prepare your home for their visit. For example, the HVAC professional will need access to the areas in question and may need access to other mechanical or ventilation points. Make sure pets and children are kept out of the way. Ask if your project will involve removing dry wall or making any other structural changes – you may need to hire a professional drywall contractor to patch up HVAC work. If you are adding a unit that may contribute to carbon monoxide within the home, find out if you need to purchase a carbon monoxide detector.
Everything You Need to Know About Saugerties HVAC Companies
Does the hvac contractor I want to hire need to be licensed in Saugerties?
Before you start any project, it is crucial to learn about the certifications and licenses that you or your HVAC Contractor need to have. There are 5 hvac contractors in Saugerties that are licensed.
Here are the types of license(s) HVAC Contractors need to have to work on HVAC jobs in NY:
- Accreditations/License: New York State Department of Labor, Division of Safety and Health
I’m searching for HVAC Contractors servicing my zip code in Saugerties.
Many hvac contractors provide service to multiple zip codes in and around Saugerties. Browse through a sample of the HVAC Contractors in Saugerties below to find the right professional in your area for your project. Remember to contact each of these professionals individually to ask about their prices, recent successful hvac jobs, how they bill, and what licenses or permits they have or will have to get for your job:
- BTU Heating & Cooling Inc.:
- Service Area Zip Code: 12065, 12863 and 12085
- Coastal Home Services:
- Service Area Zip Code: 07009, 26726, 10471, 27545, 28582, 27408, 27012, 28236, 27292, 28560, 28584, 28405, 22485, 28581 and 28527
- Wheeler Heating & Cooling:
- Service Area Zip Code: 12305, 12143 and 12010
If you weren't able to find the right hvac contractor company that services your Saugerties zip code, don't worry. Try contacting the company directly to ask them what surrounding areas they also service near Saugerties.
How do I know that I found the right HVAC Contractor in Saugerties for my hvac project?
Finding the right hvac contractor for your project can be stressful.... when you don't search with Porch. We've pulled together everything you need to know about HVAC in Saugerties so you can have some peace of mind before starting your project.
Here’s what you need to know to choose the right hvac contractor in Saugerties:
- Are they properly licensed? Saugerties has 5 licensed HVAC Contractors Pros.
- What do previous customers have to say? Check out ratings and reviews before choosing your hvac contractor. For instance, there are 1 5-Star HVAC Contractors and hvac contractors companies in Saugerties with 5 stars.
- Are they BBB accredited? 13 pros in Saugerties are.
- Check if they are they BBB rated: 24 are A-rated in Saugerties.
- Is the quality worth the price? Make sure to find the hvac contractor that can deliver the quality you're looking for, without going way over your budget. Don't forget that every job is going to be different.
- Speak with them over the phone: Contact multiple hvac contractors pros to see if you’re on the same page when it comes to your project.
All HVAC Companies in Saugerties, NY
Latest projects near Saugerties
The thermostat is for electric heat. Want to install a manual thermostat. I do have the thermostat but dont mind if you want to install your own.