Top 10 Tree Services in Shelbyville, KY
Top questions to ask before hiring a tree service
A professional will assist you with scope and estimates, but having a clear idea of what you want to accomplish will help communication.
Do you want professionals to do everything, or do you have the time and skill to do some of the work?
Many projects such as have a DIY component, such as painting or cleanup.
First and foremost, protect yourself and make sure the contractor and any sub-contractors are licensed, bonded and insured.
Everything You Need to Know About Shelbyville Tree Services
How many tree services does Shelbyville have?
There are around 50 companies throughout Shelbyville to help you with your next tree services job.
- 17 of them have an A or A+ rating from Better Business Bureau.
How does invoicing/payment work for most Tree Service projects in Shelbyville?
Every project differs, but you should ask any tree service for an estimate, before they do any work. In fact, ask for their general payment terms before any tree services work is done.
If the job is large and going to take longer than a day, it's common practice for tree services to request a down payment. Usually, this will be around 25% so they can commence work on your tree service project.
If it's a quick job, you'll likely be given an invoice/bill when the job is complete. Then it's up to you and the tree service to determine if you pay immediately or can send payment at a later date.
What should I check for once my Tree Service in Shelbyville has finished working?
Every tree services project is going to have different results, but here are a few things to check for once any tree services company has told you they've finished the job:
- Obviously you want to do a visual inspection. Even if you're unfamiliar with tree services work, this gives you the opportunity to ask questions (even basic ones like, what did you do?).
- Ask the tree service to describe what they did. Whether your tree services project was a repair job or a building job, have them run you through what was done.
- Compare the description provided on your tree services project estimate to the work completed. Did the professional do what was promised?
- Request that the tree service do a follow-up visit to check on the work. Most professionals are willing to do this, especially if you ask them.
All Tree Services in Shelbyville, KY
Latest projects near Shelbyville
Within 48 hours
Trees over 5 ft tall
16-30 ft tall trees
part of the neighbors cherry tree
Grind down stumps
Within 48 hours
Individual shrubs or bushes
General clean up