Top 6 Chimney Sweeps in Vista, CA
Top questions to ask before hiring a chimney sweep
A professional will assist you with scope and estimates, but having a clear idea of what you want to accomplish will help communication.
Do you want professionals to do everything, or do you have the time and skill to do some of the work?
Many projects such as have a DIY component, such as painting or cleanup.
First and foremost, protect yourself and make sure the contractor and any sub-contractors are licensed, bonded and insured.
Everything You Need to Know About Vista Chimney Sweeps
How many chimney sweeps does Vista have?
There are around 9 companies throughout Vista to help you with your next chimney sweeping services job.
- 2 of them have an A or A+ rating from Better Business Bureau.
How does invoicing/payment work for most Chimney Sweep projects in Vista?
Every project differs, but you should ask any chimney sweep for an estimate, before they do any work. In fact, ask for their general payment terms before any chimney sweeping services work is done.
If the job is large and going to take longer than a day, it's common practice for chimney sweeps to request a down payment. Usually, this will be around 25% so they can commence work on your chimney sweep project.
If it's a quick job, you'll likely be given an invoice/bill when the job is complete. Then it's up to you and the chimney sweep to determine if you pay immediately or can send payment at a later date.
What should I check for once my Chimney Sweep in Vista has finished working?
Every chimney sweeping services project is going to have different results, but here are a few things to check for once any chimney sweeping services company has told you they've finished the job:
- Obviously you want to do a visual inspection. Even if you're unfamiliar with chimney sweeping services work, this gives you the opportunity to ask questions (even basic ones like, what did you do?).
- Ask the chimney sweep to describe what they did. Whether your chimney sweeping services project was a repair job or a building job, have them run you through what was done.
- Compare the description provided on your chimney sweeping services project estimate to the work completed. Did the professional do what was promised?
- Request that the chimney sweep do a follow-up visit to check on the work. Most professionals are willing to do this, especially if you ask them.