Top 10 Deck Builders in Lantana, FL
Top questions to ask before hiring a deck builder
A professional will assist you with scope and estimates, but having a clear idea of what you want to accomplish will help communication.
Do you want professionals to do everything, or do you have the time and skill to do some of the work?
Many projects such as have a DIY component, such as painting or cleanup.
First and foremost, protect yourself and make sure the contractor and any sub-contractors are licensed, bonded and insured.
Everything You Need to Know About Lantana Deck Builders
How do I know that I found the right Deck Contractor in Lantana for my decking services project?
Finding the right deck contractor for your project can be stressful.... when you don't search with Porch. We've pulled together everything you need to know about Decking Services in Lantana so you can have some peace of mind before starting your project.
Here’s what you need to know to choose the right deck contractor in Lantana:
- Are they properly licensed? Lantana has 1 licensed Decking Contractors Pros.
- Is the quality worth the price? Make sure to find the deck contractor that can deliver the quality you're looking for, without going way over your budget. Don't forget that every job is going to be different.
- Speak with them over the phone: Contact multiple decking contractors pros to see if you’re on the same page when it comes to your project.
How does invoicing/payment work for most Deck Contractor projects in Lantana?
Every project differs, but you should ask any deck contractor for an estimate, before they do any work. In fact, ask for their general payment terms before any decking services work is done.
If the job is large and going to take longer than a day, it's common practice for deck contractors to request a down payment. Usually, this will be around 25% so they can commence work on your deck contractor project.
If it's a quick job, you'll likely be given an invoice/bill when the job is complete. Then it's up to you and the deck contractor to determine if you pay immediately or can send payment at a later date.
What should I check for once my Deck Contractor in Lantana has finished working?
Every decking services project is going to have different results, but here are a few things to check for once any decking services company has told you they've finished the job:
- Obviously you want to do a visual inspection. Even if you're unfamiliar with decking services work, this gives you the opportunity to ask questions (even basic ones like, what did you do?).
- Ask the deck contractor to describe what they did. Whether your decking services project was a repair job or a building job, have them run you through what was done.
- Compare the description provided on your decking services project estimate to the work completed. Did the professional do what was promised?
- Request that the deck contractor do a follow-up visit to check on the work. Most professionals are willing to do this, especially if you ask them.
All Deck Builders in Lantana, FL
Latest projects near Lantana
Within a year
250-500 sq ft
Brick or stone pavers
BBQ, outdoor kitchen and appliances, Food prep area or counters, Fire pit or outdoor fireplace, Lighting, Awning, Patio heaters
I'll hire a contractor to do the construction
I'm not sure
Fractured or cracking concrete, Needs to be secured, Damaged pilings
Moderate (the dock is potentially unsafe)