Top 3 Landscape Architects & Designers in Portland, OR
More Landscape Architects & Designers in Portland, OR
Top questions to ask before hiring a landscape architect & designer
A professional will assist you with scope and estimates, but having a clear idea of what you want to accomplish will help communication.
Do you want professionals to do everything, or do you have the time and skill to do some of the work?
Many projects such as have a DIY component, such as painting or cleanup.
First and foremost, protect yourself and make sure the contractor and any sub-contractors are licensed, bonded and insured.
Everything You Need to Know About Portland Landscape Architects & Designers
Does the landscape architect & designer I want to hire need to be licensed in Portland?
Before you start any project, it is crucial to learn about the certifications and licenses that you or your Landscape Architect & Designer need to have. There are 1 landscape architects & designers in Portland that are licensed.
Here are the types of license(s) Landscape Architects & Designers need to have to work on Landscape Design jobs in OR:
- Accreditations/License: Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
Will Landscape Design work in Portland require permits, inspections, special licenses, etc.?
Whether you’re landscape architect & designer job is in Portland or any other city, you're going to want to do a bit of research before hiring landscape architects & designers. Even small jobs may have certain regulations around them. Often, the landscape architect & designer performing the work will have any required permits, inspections, etc. under control, but not always. Short answer: Research yourself and double check with the landscape design folks that everything is in order.
What should I check for once my Landscape Architect & Designer in Portland has finished working?
Every landscape design project is going to have different results, but here are a few things to check for once any landscape design company has told you they've finished the job:
- Obviously you want to do a visual inspection. Even if you're unfamiliar with landscape design work, this gives you the opportunity to ask questions (even basic ones like, what did you do?).
- Ask the landscape architect & designer to describe what they did. Whether your landscape design project was a repair job or a building job, have them run you through what was done.
- Compare the description provided on your landscape design project estimate to the work completed. Did the professional do what was promised?
- Request that the landscape architect & designer do a follow-up visit to check on the work. Most professionals are willing to do this, especially if you ask them.
All Landscape Architects & Designers in Portland, OR
Latest projects near Portland
Within a week
Design sections of property landscaping
Under 1,000 sq ft
I'm not sure
Sidewalks and pathways
I will hire a contractor to install landscaping