Top questions to ask before hiring a fence company
A professional will assist you with scope and estimates, but having a clear idea of what you want to accomplish will help communication.
Do you want professionals to do everything, or do you have the time and skill to do some of the work?
Many projects such as have a DIY component, such as painting or cleanup.
First and foremost, protect yourself and make sure the contractor and any sub-contractors are licensed, bonded and insured.
Everything You Need to Know About Arcata Fence Companies
Should I hire fence contractors with lower ratings in Arcata to save money?
The type of fence contractor company that you should hire really depends on the difficulty and specifications of your project. Keep in mind that lower ratings could be a sign of unsuccessful jobs or simply that the professional or company has not done many jobs quite yet. Either way, you will still want to contact any Fence Contractors you are considering and inquire about their work history. There are plenty of great Fence Contractors in Arcata that have very few or low ratings.
For example, right now in Arcata there are:
- 1 5-star rated companies/professionals
Will Fencing Services work in Arcata require permits, inspections, special licenses, etc.?
Whether you’re fence contractor job is in Arcata or any other city, you're going to want to do a bit of research before hiring fence contractors. Even small jobs may have certain regulations around them. Often, the fence contractor performing the work will have any required permits, inspections, etc. under control, but not always. Short answer: Research yourself and double check with the fencing services folks that everything is in order.
What should I check for once my Fence Contractor in Arcata has finished working?
Every fencing services project is going to have different results, but here are a few things to check for once any fencing services company has told you they've finished the job:
- Obviously you want to do a visual inspection. Even if you're unfamiliar with fencing services work, this gives you the opportunity to ask questions (even basic ones like, what did you do?).
- Ask the fence contractor to describe what they did. Whether your fencing services project was a repair job or a building job, have them run you through what was done.
- Compare the description provided on your fencing services project estimate to the work completed. Did the professional do what was promised?
- Request that the fence contractor do a follow-up visit to check on the work. Most professionals are willing to do this, especially if you ask them.
Latest projects near Arcata
Structural beams, joists or posts
Deck creaks loudly when you walk on it
Minor (the deck just needs cosmetic repairs)
No, and I'd like the pro to provide them
Within a month
Build new deck
No, but I know what I want.
100 to 250 square feet
Waterproof polymer or epoxy membrane
Yes, I just need construction